Cited 9 time in
Cited 9 time in
Graded Layer Modification for High Efficiency Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon-Germanium Solar Cells
- Graded Layer Modification for High Efficiency Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon-Germanium Solar Cells
- Chung, JW[Chung, Jin-Won]; Park, JW[Park, Jun Woong]; Lee, YJ[Lee, Yu Jin]; Ahn, SW[Ahn, Seh-Won]; Lee, HM[Lee, Heon-Min]; Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 51(10)
- Article Type
- A-Si:H; Amorphous Silicon; Fill-Factor; Graded Layers; Hydrogenation; Open Circuit Voltage; Silicon Alloys; Silicon Germanium; Solar Cells; Solar Parameters
- Hydrogenated amorphous silicon-germanium (a-SiGe:H) solar cells are fabricated with different thicknesses of the i/n graded layer and profiling shapes for appropriate band gap profiling. Comparison of the solar parameters between the U-shape profiling and the exponential shape (E-shape) profiling has been carried out at the same total thickness. In the U-shape profiling, as the thickness of the i/n graded layer increase, the fill factor (FF) and open circuit voltage (V oc) of p-i-n single-junction a-SiGe:H solar cells increase, but the short circuit current (J sc) of cells decreases. In the E-shape profiling, the J sc of the a-SiGe:H cell is enhanced without significant losses in V oc. For further analysis, a modified E-shape profiling is incorporated in a-Si:H/a-SiGe:H double-junction cells, which has resulted in the improvement of V oc and FF of doublejunction cells to 1.67 V and 0.753, respectively, without significant reduction in J sc,SiGe QE, 12.58 mA/cm 2. © 2012 The Japan Society of Applied Physics.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.