Cited 2 time in
Cited 3 time in
Enhancement of evanescent field of metamaterials-core slab waveguide using metamaterials-buffer layer
- Enhancement of evanescent field of metamaterials-core slab waveguide using metamaterials-buffer layer
- Lee, Cherl-Hee; Lee, Jonghun
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Jonghun
- Issue Date
- Optical Engineering, 51(8)
- Article Type
- Air Layers; Buffer Layer; Buffer Layers; Dispersion Equations; Enhancement; Evanescent; Evanescent Fields; Guided Modes; Image Enhancement; Metamaterials; Refractive Index; Slab; Slab Waveguides; Substrate Layers; Waveguides
- A metamaterials (MTM)-core slab waveguide overlaid with a MTM buffer layer was used to enhance an evanescent field. The guided modes were graphically obtained by a new dispersion equation of the fourlayered MTM-core slab waveguide modeled to have four layers, including an air layer, buffer layer, slab waveguide layer, and substrate layer. With the tuning of the refractive index and width of the MTM-buffer layer, abuffer layer with one-tenth of the core-layer width was obtained together with the refractive index of 1.7, making the evanescent field increase up to 1.8 times. © 2012 Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE).
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.