Cited 21 time in
Cited 22 time in
Comparative experimental and simulative investigations of radial p-n junction Si microwire array solar cells
- Comparative experimental and simulative investigations of radial p-n junction Si microwire array solar cells
- Lee, E[Lee, Eunsongyi]; Kim, Y[Kim, Yoonjung]; Gwon, M[Gwon, Minji]; Kim, DW[Kim, Dong-Wook]; Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 103, 93-97
- Article Type
- Carrier Collection; Comparative Studies; Conversion Efficiency; Electroless; Electroless Etching; Etching; Junction Area; Microwire; Microwire Array; Optical Characteristics; Optical Reflectance; P-N Junction; Radial P-N Junction; Semiconductor Junctions; Silicon; Silicon Microwire; Solar Cells; Trap State; Wavelength Ranges
- We carried out experimental and simulative investigations of the electrical and optical characteristics of radial p-n junction Si microwire (MW) array solar cells (diameter: 4 μm, height: 12 μm, and period: 12 μm) prepared by electroless etching (EE) methods. Due to its unique geometry, the MW array had an enlarged junction area, enabling efficient carrier collection and optical reflectance in the wavelength range from 400 to 1000 nm, which is lower than that of its planar counterpart. Despite these advantages, the energy conversion efficiency (CE) of the MW array solar cell (3.2%) was lower than that of a planar solar cell (4.2%). This comparative study clearly reveals the inherent potential of MW-based solar cells and the importance of extrinsic trap state control to realize low-cost, high-efficiency devices. © 2012 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.