Cited 0 time in
Cited 3 time in
Contact-free method to prepare photoalignment layers with spacers for flexible liquid crystal displays
- Contact-free method to prepare photoalignment layers with spacers for flexible liquid crystal displays
- Nah, H[Nah, Hyundae]; Lee, J[Lee, Jihye]; Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Cho, KY[Cho, Kuk Young]; Park, JK[Park, Jung-Ki]
- Issue Date
- Microelectronic Engineering, 96, 67-70
- Article Type
- Alignment; Alignment Layers; Contact-Free; Curing; Ethers; Films; Flexible Liquid Crystal Display; Flexible Liquid Crystal Displays; Linear UV Light; Liquid Crystal Displays; Microstructure; Photo-Alignment; Physical Contacts; Polarized Microscope; Polyethersulfones; Polymeric Substrate; Polymers; Replication Method; Substrates; UV Curable; Well-Aligned; Wide Area
- The alignment layers and spacers between two polymeric substrates are indispensable components for flexible liquid crystal displays (LCDs). Photoalignment layers with spacers were prepared by a contact-free method using UV patternable and UV-curable materials on polyethersulfone (PES) films. Well-aligned liquid crystal with the direction of the photoalignment layer was observed by polarized microscope. Spacers played a significant role in preventing disruption of the ordering of the liquid crystal. The photoalignment layer with spacers prepared on a polymeric substrate without any physical contact was free from problems that are found in the rubbing method or the micro stamp replication method. Additionally this method can be used in wide areas for the manufacturing of large sized displays. © 2012 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.