Cited 14 time in
Cited 16 time in
Existence of Heavy Fermions in the Antiferromagnetic Phase of CeIn3
- Existence of Heavy Fermions in the Antiferromagnetic Phase of CeIn3
- Iizuka, T[Iizuka, Takuya]; Mizuno, T[Mizuno, Takafumi]; Min, BH[Min, Byeong Hun]; Kwon, YS[Kwon, Yong Seung]; Kimura, S[Kimura, Shin-ichi]
- DGIST Authors
- Min, BH[Min, Byeong Hun]; Kwon, YS[Kwon, Yong Seung]
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, 81(4)
- Article Type
- CeIn3; Electronic Structure; Optical Conductivity; Quantum Critical Point
- We report the pressure-dependent optical conductivity spectra of the heavy-fermion (HF) compound CeIn 3 below the Néel temperature of 10 K to investigate the existence of the HF state in the antiferromagnetic (AFM) phase. The peak due to the interband transition in the hybridization gap between the conduction band and the nearly localized 4 f states (c-f hybridization) appears at a photon energy of about 20meV, not only in the HF regime but also in the AFM regime. Both the energy and intensity of the c-f hybridization peak continuously increase with the application of pressure from the AFM phase to the HF regime. This result suggests that c-f hybridization, as well as heavy fermions, exists even in the AFM phase of CeIn 3. © 2012 The Physical Society of Japan.
- Physical Society of Japan
- Related Researcher
Kwon, Yong Seung
Quantum Functional Materials Laboratory
High Tc Superconductors and magnetic materials; Thermoelectric Materials
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceQuantum Functional Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.