Cited 45 time in
Cited 45 time in
Enhanced light harvesting in bulk heterojunction photovoltaic devices with shape-controlled Ag nanomaterials: Ag nanoparticles versus Ag nanoplates
- Enhanced light harvesting in bulk heterojunction photovoltaic devices with shape-controlled Ag nanomaterials: Ag nanoparticles versus Ag nanoplates
- Wang, DH[Wang, Dong Hwan]; Kim, JK[Kim, Jung Kyu]; Lim, GH[Lim, Guh-Hwan]; Park, KH[Park, Keum Hwan]; Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]; Lim, B[Lim, Byungkwon]; Park, JH[Park, Jong Hyeok]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]
- Issue Date
- RSC Advances, 2(18), 7268-7272
- Article Type
- Ag Nanoparticle; Benzothiadiazoles; Blend Ratios; Blending; Bulk-Heterojunction Devices; Bulk-Heterojunction Photovoltaic Devices; Butyric Acid; Cell Performance; Conversion Efficiency; Esterification; Esters; Heterojunctions; Light-Harvesting; Localized Surface Plasmon; Methyl Esters; Nano-Plates; Nanoparticles; Optical Path Lengths; Optimization; Poly(3-Hexylthiophene); Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Shape-Controlled; Silver; Size and Shape
- Enhanced power conversion efficiency (PCE(%)) with improved optical path length from two types of shape controlled silver (Ag) materials (Ag nanoplates versus Ag nanoparticles (NPs)) was studied in poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT)/[6,6]-phenyl C 71 butyric acid methyl-ester (PC 71BM) or poly[N-9′′-hepta-decanyl-2,7-carbazole-alt-5,5-(4′, 7′-di-2-thienyl-2′,1′,3′-benzothiadiazole)] (PCDTBT)/[6,6]-phenyl C 71 butyric acid methyl-ester (PC 71BM) bulk heterojunction (BHJ) devices. The Ag nanoplates and Ag NPs can be synthesized by simple solution polyol chemistry with well defined size and shape. A BHJ with a 0.5 wt% optimized blend ratio of Ag nanoplates shows improved cell performance and photo-current density than a BHJ with Ag NPs owing to the enhanced light absorption with the results of an excitation of localized surface plasmon and efficient light scattering by the Ag nanoplates embedded BHJ film. When the BHJ is combined with the Ag nanoplates at an optimized ratio of 0.5 wt%, the PCE (%) increases from 3.2% to 4.4% in P3HT/PC 71BM, and from 5.9% to 6.6% in PCDTBT/PC 71BM BHJ devices. © 2012 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.