Cited 10 time in
Cited 12 time in
Fast-response light-emitting electrochemical cells based on neutral iridium(III) complex
- Fast-response light-emitting electrochemical cells based on neutral iridium(III) complex
- Shin, IS[Shin, Ik-Soo]; Lim, HC[Lim, Hong-Chul]; Oh, JW[Oh, Jeong-Wook]; Lee, JK[Lee, Jin-Kyu]; Kim, TH[Kim, Tae Hyun]; Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- Issue Date
- Electrochemistry Communications, 13(1), 64-67
- Article Type
- Biased Voltage; EL Response; Electrochemical Cells; Electroluminescence; Electrolytes; Electrolytic Analysis; Electrolytic Cells; Emitting Layer; Iridium; Iridium Complex; Iridium Compounds; Iridium(III); LEC; Light; Light-Emitting Electrochemical Cell; Light Emission; Molar Ratio; Potential Barriers; Response Time; Supporting Electrolyte; Tetrafluoroborates
- In this study, light-emitting electrochemical cells (LECs) based on neutral iridium(III) bis(2-phenylquinolato-N,C2′)(3-isoquinaldate) were fabricated. An admixed solid supporting electrolyte tetra-n-butylammonium tetrafluoroborate (TBABF4) is employed in the emitting layer, and it facilitates charge injection with decreasing the potential barrier under a biased voltage. The cells generate an electroluminescence (EL) of 300 cd m -2 at - 3.8 V. When the molar ratio of TBABF4 to the complex in the device was 2:1, a fast EL response of 0.8 s was obtained at - 4.0 V after the several times of preconditioning. As the quantity of the supporting electrolyte increased, a faster and brighter EL response was obtained. © 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.