Cited 11 time in
Cited 13 time in
Effects of Mg salt-modified TiO2 on the photovoltaic performance of dye-sensitized solar cells
- Effects of Mg salt-modified TiO2 on the photovoltaic performance of dye-sensitized solar cells
- Park, SK[Park, Su Kyung]; Kim, C[Kim, Cham]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hong]; Bae, JY[Bae, Jae Young]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, SK[Park, Su Kyung]; Kim, C[Kim, Cham]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- Issue Date
- Current Applied Physics, 11(1), S131-S135
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Adsorption; Coatings; Conduction Band Edge; Conduction Band Edge Shift; Conduction Bands; Conversion Efficiency; Dip-Coating; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell; Electro-Chemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS); Electrochemical Corrosion; Electron Mobility; Mg Salt; Open Circuit Voltage; Photoelectrochemical Cells; Photovoltaic Effects; Solar Cells; Solar Power Generation; Surface Dipole
- This work reports on the preparation of Mg salts [MS; MgCO3 and Mg(CH3COO)2]-modified TiO2 electrodes by very simple dip coating and effects on the photovoltaic properties of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs) with them. The DSSC with MS-modified TiO2 layer showed an increase in short-circuit current (Jsc) and open-circuit voltage (Voc), resulting in a power conversion efficiency (PCE) of 8.48% compared to that (7.27%) of reference device with bare TiO2. The improved Jsc value was attributed to the increased dye adsorption. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, dark current-voltage and incident photon-to-current conversion efficiency studies revealed that the Voc enhancement was caused by the conduction band edge shift of TiO2 to a more negative potential due to the formation of a surface dipole. © 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.