Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Fabrication and Optical Properties of Erbium-Doped Polymer Films
- Fabrication and Optical Properties of Erbium-Doped Polymer Films
- Kim, Wook Hyun; Lee, Soo Chool; Yang, Kee-Jeong; Choi, Myung-Seok; Yoo, Eui Sang; Han, Yoon Soo
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Wook Hyun; Yang, Kee-Jeong; Han, Yoon Soo
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 532, 572-580
- Article Type
- Optical Properties; Optical Telecommunication; Optical Telecommunication Device; Plastic Films; Polymer Films; Polymers; Pyrolysis; Resins; Telecommunication Equipment; Amplifiers; Amplifiers; Curing; Display Devices; Erbium; Erbium; Fabrication; FIBER LASERS; Fluorinated Monomer; Sulfur Compounds; Telecommunication; UV-Curing; UV Curing; WAVE-GUIDE; Fluorinated Monomers; Fluorinated Polymer; Fluorinated Polymers; Fluorine Containing Polymers; Monomers; Optical Instruments
- The crosslinked, fluorinated, patterned and erbium (Er 3+) doped polymer films were fabricated by UV-curing after a simple spin-coating. Er 3+-doped solutions containing Irgacure 819 used as a radical-type photoinitiator were prepared using erbium (III) trifluoromethane sulfonate as an erbium source, 2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5-octafluoropentyl acrylate as a fluorinated monomer, trimethylolpropane triacrylate and Ebecyl 810 resin as a crosslinking agent with various weight ratios. The fluorinated polymer films fabricated in this study showed the excellent transmission property more than 80% over visible and NIR region, and high thermal decomposition temperature about 310°C sufficient for optical device applications. From these results, the Er 3+-doped polymer films developed in this study could be applied to optical telecommunication devices. Copyright © Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- Taylor and Francis Ltd.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Energy Technology1. Journal Articles
ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.