Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Pb cation induced low-temperature crystallization of (Ba center dot Pb) hexa-ferrite thin films
- Pb cation induced low-temperature crystallization of (Ba center dot Pb) hexa-ferrite thin films
- Dho, Seok Ju; Je, Jung Ho; Cho, Tae Sik
- DGIST Authors
- Dho, Seok Ju
- Issue Date
- Journal of Electroceramics, 17(2-4), 365-368
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Crystallization; Ferrites; Hexa-Ferrite; Hexa-Ferrites; Lead; Low Temperature; Low Temperature Effects; Pb Ions; Positive Ions; Synchrotron X-Ray; Synchrotron X-Rays; Thin-Films; Vibrating Sample Magnetometers; X Ray Scattering
- We have studied the low-temperature crystallization of (Ba•Pb) hexa-ferrite thin films using real time synchrotron X-ray scattering, anomalous X-ray scattering, and vibrating sample magnetometer. The crystallization temperature of amorphous (Ba•Pb) hexa-ferrite film (300-Å-thick, ∼530°C) was much lower than that of amorphous Ba hexa-ferrite film, ∼750°C. The crystalline (Ba•Pb) hexa-ferrite phase was formed by solid phase transformation of the interfacial crystalline Fe3O 4 phase through the diffusion of Ba or Pb cations. The low crystallization temperature of the (Ba•Pb) hexa-ferrite phase was due to the lower diffusion activation barrier of Pb cations than that of Ba cations. The small grain size (∼40 nm in diamter) and comparable magnetic properties (Ms : 337 emu/cm3, iHc : 1.60 kOe) of the crystallized (Ba•Pb) hexa-ferrite film also demonstrate its potential possibility for high-density recording media. © Springer Science + Business Media, LLC 2006.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.