Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Dynamic bandwidth allocation by using efficient threshold reporting for quality of service in Ethernet passive optical networks
- Dynamic bandwidth allocation by using efficient threshold reporting for quality of service in Ethernet passive optical networks
- Yang, YM[Yang, Yeon-Mo]; Nho, JM[Nho, Ji-Myong]; Perros, H[Perros, Harry]; Mahalik, NP[Mahalik, N. P.]; Kim, K[Kim, Kiseon]; Ahn, BH[Ahn, Byung-Ha]
- DGIST Authors
- Yang, YM[Yang, Yeon-Mo]
- Issue Date
- Optical Engineering, 45(3)
- Article Type
- Communication Channels (Information Theory); Computer Networks; Computer Simulation; Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation (DBA); Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON); Fiber Optic Networks; Frequency Allocation; Optical Communication; Packet Switching; Quality of Service (QoS); Telecommunication Traffic; Threshold Reporting
- We present a dynamic bandwidth allocation scheme for Ethernet passive optical networks. This scheme, referred to as TDBA, is based on efficient threshold reporting and provides quality of service (QoS) to three different classes of packets. It is shown that network resources are efficiently allocated among the three traffic classes while guaranteeing the requested QoS by avoiding nearly all fragmentation losses. Simulation results using OPNET show that the TDBA scheme provides better packet delay and channel utilization than the other previously published allocation schemes. © 2006 Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.