Cited 51 time in
Cited 56 time in
Heterostructured nanohybrid of zinc oxide-montmorillonite clay
- Heterostructured nanohybrid of zinc oxide-montmorillonite clay
- Hur, Su Gil; Kim, Tae Woo; Hwang, Seong-Ju; Hwang, Sung-Ho; Yang, Jae Hun; Choy, Jin-Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Hwang, Sung-Ho
- Issue Date
- Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 110(4), 1599-1604
- Article Type
- Adsorption Isotherms; Basal Spacing; Clay; Colloids; House-of-Cards Structure; Hydrothermal Reaction; Nano-Structured Materials; Scanning Electron Microscopy; Ultraviolet Spectroscopy; Wurzite-Type Structure; X Ray Diffraction Analysis; Zinc Oxide
- We have synthesized heterostructured zinc oxide-aluminosilicate nanohybrids through a hydrothermal reaction between the colloidal suspension of exfoliated montmorillonite nanosheets and the sol solution of zinc acetate. According to X-ray diffraction, N2 adsorption-desorption isotherm, and field emission-scanning electron microscopic analyses, it was found that the intercalation of zinc oxide nanoparticles expands the basal spacing of the host montmorillonite clay, and the crystallites of the nanohybrids are assembled to form a house-of-cards structure. From UV-vis spectroscopic investigation, it becomes certain that calcined nanohybrid contains two kinds of the zinc oxide species in the interlayer space of host lattice and in mesopores formed by the house-of-cards type stacking of the crystallites. Zn K-edge X-ray absorption near-edge structure/extended X-ray absorption fine structure analyses clearly demonstrate that guest species in the nanohybrids exist as nanocrystalline zinc oxides with wurzite-type structure. © 2006 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.