Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Development of alignment inspection system for ball grid array packaging
- Development of alignment inspection system for ball grid array packaging
- Lee, Hyunki; Jeon, Jeong Yul; Ko, Kwang Ill; Cho, Hyungsuck; Kim, Min Young
- DGIST Authors
- Cho, Hyungsuck
- Issue Date
- 2010 International Symposium on Optomechatronic Technologies, ISOT 2010
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- The ball grid array (BGA) has become one of the most popular packaging alternatives for high I/O devices in the industry with many advantages: high interconnection density and less packaging space and so on. In these days, the size of chip becomes small and the size of ball grid also becomes small, so the process of BGA alignment becomes more important and difficult. In this paper, the BGA alignment system before the oven process step is managed. The main difficult of inspecting the BGA alignment is that the substrate is always tilted due to irregular carrier size and in-line process. In this paper, to overcome this problem, tilt angle of substrate is measured by phase measuring profilometry (PMP), and then the compensated alignment offset calc ulation algorithm is suggested. The performance of our system is checked by a series of real experiments. © 2010 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.