Cited 4 time in
Cited 3 time in
Resonant properties of dipole skyrmions in amorphous Fe/Gd multilayers
- Resonant properties of dipole skyrmions in amorphous Fe/Gd multilayers
- Montoya, S. A.; Couture, S.; Chess, J. J.; Lee, J. C. T.; Kent, N.; Im, M. -Y.; Kevan, S. D.; Fischer, P.; McMorran, B. J.; Roy, S.; Lomakin, V.; Fullerton, E. E.
- DGIST Authors
- Im, M. -Y.
- Issue Date
- Physical Review B, 95(22)
- Article Type
- Dynamics; Field; Magnetic Skyrmions; Permeability; Room Temperature; Thin Films
- The dynamic response of dipole skyrmions in Fe/Gd multilayer films is investigated by ferromagnetic resonance measurements and compared to micromagnetic simulations. We detail thickness- and temperature-dependent studies of the observed modes as well as the effects of magnetic field history on the resonant spectra. Correlation between the modes and the magnetic phase maps constructed from real-space imaging and scattering patterns allows us to conclude that the resonant modes arise from local topological features such as dipole skyrmions but do not depend on the collective response of a close-packed lattice of these chiral textures. Using micromagnetic modeling, we are able to quantitatively reproduce our experimental observations which suggests the existence of localized spin-wave modes that are dependent on the helicity of the dipole skyrmion. We identify four localized spin-wave excitations for the skyrmions that are excited under either in-plane or out-of-plane rf fields. Lastly we show that dipole skyrmions and nonchiral bubble domains exhibit qualitatively different localized spin-wave modes. © 2017 American Physical Society.
- American Physical Society
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.