Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Visible light-emission from Eu-doped ZnAl layered-double hydroxide
- Visible light-emission from Eu-doped ZnAl layered-double hydroxide
- Cho, Deok-Ki; Lee, Sang-Seok; Lim, Ji-Soo; Baek, Seong-Ho; Park, Il-Kyu
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, Seong-Ho
- Issue Date
- Ceramics International, 43(13), 9686-9690
- Article Type
- Article in Press
- Electronic Transition; Eu Doping; Eu Doping; Europium; Hydrothermal Growth; Peak Intensity; Photoluminescence; Photoluminescence Spectrum; Visible Light Emission; X Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS); Zn Al Layered Double Hydroxides; Zn Al Layered Double Hydroxide
- We report on the evolution of the emission and chemical properties of Eu-doped ZnAl-Layered double hydroxide (LDH) with variation of Eu doping concentration during the hydrothermal growth. With increasing Eu source concentration, the morphologies of the ZnAl-LDHs became denser and more closely packed while maintaining the thickness of each plate. As the Eu source concentration increased to 10wt%, specific emission from the doped Eu3+ ions was enhanced in the photoluminescence spectra. However, the peak intensity decreased when the concentration increased further to 20 and 30wt%. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy results showed an abnormal increase of the Eu2+/Eu3+ ratio in the LDHs with increasing Eu source concentration, which suppressed the emission from the Eu3+ electronic transitions. © 2017 Elsevier Ltd and Techna Group S.r.l.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.