Cited 15 time in
Cited 16 time in
Polyoxometalate decorated graphene oxide/sulfonated poly(arylene ether ketone) block copolymer composite membrane for proton exchange membrane fuel cell operating under low relative humidity
- Polyoxometalate decorated graphene oxide/sulfonated poly(arylene ether ketone) block copolymer composite membrane for proton exchange membrane fuel cell operating under low relative humidity
- Oh, Kwangjin; Son, Byungrak; Sanetuntikul, Jakkid; Shanmugam, Sangaraju
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Byungrak; Shanmugam, Sangaraju
- Issue Date
- Journal of Membrane Science, 541, 386-392
- Article Type
- A phosphotungstic acid (PW) decorated graphene oxide (GO) is explored as a filler for sulfonated poly(arylene ether ketone) (SPAEK) block copolymer. The SPAEK/PW-mGO composite membrane shows higher proton conductivity than a pristine SPAEK membrane. At 80 °C under 25% relative humidity (RH) condition, the fuel cell configured with the SPAEK/PW-mGO composite membrane shows improved fuel cell performance. A maximum power density of 772 mW cm−2 is observed for the SPAEK/PW-mGO composite membrane, whereas the pristine SPAEK membrane exhibits a maximum power density of 10 mW cm−2 operated under 25% RH at 80 °C. Compared with the NRE-212 membrane, the SPAEK/PW-mGO composite membrane exhibits 4.8-times higher maximum power density. Furthermore, the maximum current density of the SPAEK/PW-mGO composite membrane (2271 mA cm−2) is much higher than pristine SPAEK (39 mA cm−2) and NRE-212 (734 mA cm−2) membranes. © 2017 Elsevier B.V.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
Advanced Energy Materials Laboratory
Electrocatalysts for fuel cells; water splitting; metal-air batteries; Polymer electrolyte membranes for fuel cells; flow batteries; Hydrogen generation and utilization
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Energy Technology1. Journal Articles
Department of Energy Science and EngineeringAdvanced Energy Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.