Cited 15 time in
Cited 17 time in
Influence of top electrode design on pMUTs performance
- Influence of top electrode design on pMUTs performance
- Choi, Hongsoo; Dalakoti, Abhishek; Bose, Susmita; Bandyopadhyay, Amit
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Hongsoo
- Issue Date
- Sensors and Actuators, A: Physical, 135(2), 613-619
- Article Type
- MICROMACHINED ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS; PZT THIN-FILMS
- Piezoelectric micromachined ultrasonic transducers (pMUTs) were designed, fabricated and tested to measure resonance and anti-resonance frequencies, and quality factor. Film quality was monitored via saturation polarization, remnant polarization and coercive electric field measurements in different films. Effective coupling coefficient and device efficiency are calculated based on those measured values. Single and split top electrode pMUTs designs, X and Y, respectively, are evaluated to understand the influence of top electrode design on device performance. It was found that resonance frequency decreases with an increase in membrane width. Top electrodes, smaller than the membrane width by 10 μm, show a positive effect on the effective coupling coefficient of the pMUTs. It was found that both quality factor and device efficiency are maximized when top electrode width is the same as that of membrane width. An increase in top electrode dimension beyond the membrane decreases device performance. © 2006.
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- Related Researcher
Choi, Hong Soo
Bio-Micro Robotics Lab
Micro/Nano robot; Neural prostheses; MEMS; BMI; MEMS/NEMS; BioMEMS; MEMS 초음파 트랜스듀스; 인공와우
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringBio-Micro Robotics Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.