Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Extended Center-Symmetric Pattern과 2D-PCA를 이용한 얼굴인식
- Extended Center-Symmetric Pattern과 2D-PCA를 이용한 얼굴인식
- Translated Title
- Face Recognition using Extended Center-Symmetric Pattern and 2D-PCA
- 이현구; 김동주
- Issue Date
- (사)디지털산업정보학회 논문지, 9(2), 111-119
- Face Recognition; Extended Center-Symmetric Pattern; Two-Dimensional Principal Component Analysis
- Face recognition has recently become one of the most popular research areas in the fields of computer vision, machine learning, and pattern recognition because it spans numerous applications, such as access control, surveillance, security, credit-card verification, and criminal identification. In this paper, we propose a simple descriptor called an ECSP(Extended Center-Symmetric Pattern) for illumination-robust face recognition. The ECSP operator encodes the texture information of a local face region by emphasizing diagonal components of a previous CS-LBP(Center-Symmetric Local Binary Pattern). Here, the diagonal components are emphasized because facial textures along the diagonal direction contain much more information than those of other directions. The facial texture information of the ECSP operator is then used as the input image of an image covariance-based feature extraction algorithm such as 2D-PCA(Two-Dimensional Principal Component Analysis).
Performance evaluation of the proposed approach was carried out using various binary pattern operators and recognition algorithms on the Yale B database. The experimental results demonstrated that the proposed approach achieved better recognition accuracy than other approaches, and we confirmed that the proposed approach is effective against illumination variation.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.