Cited 3 time in
Cited 6 time in
Network Analysis of Open Innovation
- Network Analysis of Open Innovation
- Yun, Jinhyo Joseph; Jeong, EuiSeob; Park, JinSeu
- DGIST Authors
- Yun, Jinhyo Joseph
- Issue Date
- Sustainability, 8(8)
- Article Type
- Joint Patent Application; Long Tail; Open Innovation; The Structure of Collaboration
- The way people innovate and create new ideas and bring them to the market is undergoing a fundamental change from closed innovation to open innovation. Why and how do firms perform open innovation? Firms' open innovation is measured through the levels of firms' joint patent applications. Next, we analyze network structures and characters of firms' joint patent applications such as betweenness and degree centrality, structure hole, and closure. From this research, we drew conclusions as follows. First, the structure of collaboration networks has both direct and indirect effects on firms' innovative performance. Second, in the process of joint patent applications, there is a long tail phenomenon in networks of joint patent applications. Third, the number of patents and International Patent Classification (IPC) subclasses together constitute a meaningful measure of the innovation performance of firms. © 2016 by the authors.
- MDPI AG
- Related Researcher
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.