Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
A novel chemical process of Bi2Te2.7Se0.3 nanocompound for effective adjustment in transport properties resulting in remarkable n-type thermoelectric performance
- A novel chemical process of Bi2Te2.7Se0.3 nanocompound for effective adjustment in transport properties resulting in remarkable n-type thermoelectric performance
- Kim, Cham; Kim, Chang Eun; Baek, Ju Young; Kim, Dong Hwan; Kim, Jong Tae; Ahn, Ji Hyeon; Lopez, David Humberto; Kim, Hoyoung
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Cham; Kim, Dong Hwan; Kim, Hoyoung
- Issue Date
- Scripta Materialia, 119, 13-16
- Article Type
- Bismuth Telluride; Chemical Process; Chemical Reaction Process; Chemical Reactions; Electric Conductivity; Electrical Conductivity; Indicators (Chemical); Nano-Structures; Nanostructure; Synergistic Effect; Thermal Conductivity; Thermo-Electric Materials; Thermo-Electric Performance; Thermo-Electric Transport Properties; Thermo-Electricity; Transport Properties; Transportation Routes
- Chemical reaction processes for thermoelectric nanomaterials have received a lot of attention because of subsequent small and uniform nanostructures, causing a remarkable reduction in thermal conductivity; however, they typically showed low electrical properties possibly due to contaminations by chemicals resulting in low ZT. We devised a new chemical process for synthesizing an n-type Bi2Te2.7Se0.3 nanocompound without the chemicals causing potential contaminations. The product exhibited a predominant electrical conductivity while retaining the advantage of chemical reaction routes; thus, synergistic effect of the thermoelectric transport properties was greatly induced, resulting in the highest ZT among n-type Bi2Te3 materials in bulk phase. © 2016 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.