Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Effect of Perovskite Overlayers on TiO2 Electrodes in Perovskite-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Effect of Perovskite Overlayers on TiO2 Electrodes in Perovskite-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Kim, Kang-Pil; Kim, Jeong-Hwa; Hwang, Dae-Kue
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Kang-Pil; Hwang, Dae-Kue
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16(5), 5305-5307
- Article Type
- Cell Efficiency; Efficiency; Electrodes; Exposed to; Mesoporous TiO; Overlayer Thickness; Overlayers; Pbi2 Concentration; Perovskite; Perovskite Overlayer; Perovskite Solar Cells; Sensitized Solar Cells; Solar Cell Structures; Solar Cells; Solution Concentration; Titanium Dioxide
- In this paper, we have studied the effect of the thickness of a CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite overlayer on mesoporous TiO2 electrodes in perovskite solar cells. The overlayers were prepared by spin coating PbI2 films on the electrodes, which were subsequently exposed to a CH3NH3I/2-propanol solution. We controlled the thickness of the perovskite overlayer by changing the PbI2 solution concentration. The thicknesses of the overlayers spin-coated from 0.5, 0.75, 0.9, and 1 M PbI2 solutions were approximately 179, 262, 316, and 341 nm, respectively. Perovskite solar cells with an approximately 316-nm-thick overlayer showed the highest efficiency of 9.11%. We conclude that optimization of the perovskite overlayer thickness in the solar cell structure is necessary to improve the cell efficiency. Copyright © 2016 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.