Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Effect of TiCl4 Post-Treatment on the Embedded-Type TiO2 Nanotubes Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Effect of TiCl4 Post-Treatment on the Embedded-Type TiO2 Nanotubes Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Kim, Kang-Pil; Kim, Jeong-Hwa; Hwang, Dae-Kue; Sung, Shi-Joon; Heo, Young-Woo
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Kang-Pil; Hwang, Dae-Kue; Sung, Shi-Joon
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 15(10), 7845-7847
- Article Type
- Cell Efficiency; Charge Exchanges; Charge Transfer; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSCs); Efficiency; Electrolytes; Low Temperatures; Nanotubes; Post-Treatment; Rough Surfaces; Solar Cells; Temperature; TiCl4 treatment; TiO; TiO2 Nanotube; Titanium Dioxide; Treatment Temperature; Yarn
- We have studied the effect of TiCl4 post-treatment on the embedded-type TiO2 nanotubes (NT)-dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). The TiO2 nanoparticles layer formed on TiO2 NTs surface by TiCl4 post-treatment showed different morphologies depending on TiCl4 treatment temperature. These different morphologies influenced the cell efficiency of TiO2 NT-DSSCs. The TiO2 NT treated with TiCl4 at 50°C exhibited a rougher surface than that treated at 70°C. The rough surface of the TiO2 NT improved the charge exchange between the dye and electrolyte. The TiO2 NT treated with TiCl4 at 50°C showed better fill factor and cell efficiency than that treated at 70°C. The TiCl4 post-treatment of TiO2 NT was effective at conditions of low temperature and long times. The TiO2 NT-DSSCs with TiCl4 post-treatment at 50°C for 1.5 h showed an efficiency of 6.52%. Copyright © 2015 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.