Cited 0 time in
Cited 20 time in
Fabrication and characterization of silicon wire solar cells having ZnO nanorod antireflection coating on Al-doped ZnO seed layer
- Fabrication and characterization of silicon wire solar cells having ZnO nanorod antireflection coating on Al-doped ZnO seed layer
- Baek, Seong-Ho; Noh, Bum-Young; Park, Il-Kyu; Kim, Jae Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, Seong-Ho; Kim, Jae Hyun
- Issue Date
- Nanoscale Research Letters, 7
- Article Type
- Al-Doped ZnO; Aluminum; Anti-Reflection; Anti-Reflection Coating; Anti-Reflection Coatings; Aspect Ratio; Atomic Layer; Atomic Layer Deposition; AZO Films; Conversion Efficiency; Current Voltage; Diffusion Coatings; Doping (Additives); Fabrication; Film Growth; High Aspect Ratio; Hydrothermal Growth; Microwire Array; Nanorods; Optical Films; P-N Junction; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Reflectance Spectrum; Seed Layer; Si Wire Array; Silicon; Silicon Microwire; Silicon Wires; Solar Cells; Spin-on Dopant; Surface Recombinations; Vertically Aligned; Wire; Zinc Oxide; ZnO Nanorod; ZnO Nanorod Arrays; ZnO Nanorods
- In this study, we have fabricated and characterized the silicon [Si] wire solar cells with conformal ZnO nanorod antireflection coating [ARC] grown on a Al-doped ZnO [AZO] seed layer. Vertically aligned Si wire arrays were fabricated by electrochemical etching and, the pn junction was prepared by spin-on dopant diffusion method. Hydrothermal growth of the ZnO nanorods was followed by AZO film deposition on high aspect ratio Si microwire arrays by atomic layer deposition [ALD]. The introduction of an ALD-deposited AZO film on Si wire arrays not only helps to create the ZnO nanorod arrays, but also has a strong impact on the reduction of surface recombination. The reflectance spectra show that ZnO nanorods were used as an efficient ARC to enhance light absorption by multiple scattering. Also, from the current-voltage results, we found that the combination of the AZO film and ZnO nanorods on Si wire solar cells leads to an increased power conversion efficiency by more than 27% compared to the cells without it. © 2012 Baek et al.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.