Cited 12 time in
Cited 11 time in
Surface-enhanced Raman scattering from silver-coated opals
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering from silver-coated opals
- Mu, Weiqiang; Hwang, Dae-Kue; Chang, Robert P. H.; Sukharev, Maxim; Tice, Daniel B.; Ketterson, John B.
- DGIST Authors
- Hwang, Dae-Kue
- Issue Date
- Journal of Chemical Physics, 134(12)
- Article Type
- Polystyrenes; Pyridine; Raman Scattering; Raman Spectrometry; Silicate Minerals; Silver; Silver; Silver Film; SPECTRA; SPECTROSCOPY; Spectrum Analysis, Raman; Sphere Diameter; SPHERES; Sulfhydryl Compounds; Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering; Thiol Derivative; Thiophenol; ZnO; Polystyrene Spheres; Adsorption; Adsorption; Adsorption; Article; Artificial Opals; BENZENETHIOL; Benzenethiols; Chemistry; Coated Films; Computer Simulation; Dielectric Lattices; Electric Fields; Electrode; Enhancement Factor; Excitation Wavelength; Finite-Difference Time-Domain Simulation; Finite Difference Time Domain Method; GOLD NANOPARTICLES; Laser Excitation; Laser Wavelength; METALLIC-FILMS; Methodology; Monolayers; OPTICAL-PROPERTIES; Phenol Derivative; Phenols; Polystyrene Derivative
- We describe surface-enhanced Raman scattering measurements from a benzenethiol monolayer adsorbed on a silver-coated film that is, in turn, deposited on an artificial opal, where the latter is a close-packed three-dimensional dielectric lattice formed from polystyrene spheres. Data for a range of sphere sizes, silver film thicknesses, and laser excitation wavelengths are obtained. Enhancement factors can be in the range of 10 7. To partially explain these large enhancements, we have performed model finite-difference time domain simulations of the position-dependent electric fields generated at the opal surfaces for several experimentally studied laser wavelengths and sphere diameters. © 2011 American Institute of Physics.
- American Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Energy Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.