Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Design and implementation of a head-pose estimation system used with large-scale screens
- Design and implementation of a head-pose estimation system used with large-scale screens
- Lee, Sang-Heo; Sohn, Myoung-Kyu; Kim, Dong-Ju; Kim, Hyunduk; Ryu, Nuri
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sang-Heo; Sohn, Myoung-Kyu
- Issue Date
- 2013 IEEE 2nd Global Conference on Consumer Electronics, GCCE 2013, 282-283
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we propose a novel head-pose estimation system for use with a large-scale screen to provide intelligent interaction with content. The head image of the user is captured from a RGB-D (red, green, blue pixel value, and depth data) camera connected to a large-scale display system. The head orientation of the user is then estimated from the RGB-D data by using the random regression forest algorithm. The random regression forest algorithm is a very powerful tool for generalization problems that does not suffer from overfitting. By using the head-pose estimation system, the user's region-of-interest (ROI) is found in a large-scale screen. After the ROI is found, various intelligent interactions with content can be possible. As future work, a hand gesture recognition system will be jointly connected with this head-pose estimation system in order to control the user's gestures more precisely in the ROI. © 2013 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.