Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
DIFS: Distributed Interest Forwarder Selection in Vehicular Named Data Networks
- DIFS: Distributed Interest Forwarder Selection in Vehicular Named Data Networks
- Ahmed, Syed Hassan; Bouk, Safdar Hussain; Yaqub, Muhammad Azfar; Kim, Dong Kyun; Song, Houbing
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 1-5
- Article Type
- Article in Press
- Reliability; Storms; Delays; interest forwarding; IP networks; Roads; Security; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicular networks; Vehicles
- In this paper, we propose a distributed interest forwarder selection (DIFS) scheme that mitigates the interest broadcast storm in vehicular named data networks. In DIFS, a vehicle sends an interest packet piggybacking its location, distance to the neighbors, and speed. In this case, the immediate neighbors do not have the requested content and rank themselves to be an eligible interest forwarder by using multiple attributes. Additionally, every intermediate vehicle uses a digital map to be selected as forwarders in both (forward and backward) directions of the consumer. Simulations show that DIFS satisfies more interest packets with less delay as compared with the recent forwarding solutions. IEEE
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.