Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Improve the performance of CZTSSe solar cells by applying a SnS BSF layer
- Improve the performance of CZTSSe solar cells by applying a SnS BSF layer
- Omrani, Mir Kazem; Minbashi, Mehran; Memarian, Nafiseh; Kim, Dae Hwan
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Dae Hwan
- Issue Date
- Solid-State Electronics, 141, 50-57
- Article Type
- Aluminum; Computer simulation; Open circuit voltage; Solar cells; Tin compounds; Back surface fields; Cell structure; Fill factor; Optimum parameters; Optimum value; Physical parameters; Selenium compounds
- In this study, the CZTSSe (Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4) solar cells, with Al/ZnO:Al/ZnO (i)/CdS/CZTSSe/Mo structure, have been simulated. The simulation results have been compared and validated with real experimental results. Next, suggestions for improving the performance of CZTSSe solar cell have been provided. A SnS layer has been used as back surface field (BSF) layer. Different physical parameters of SnS layer are investigated, and the optimum values are selected. It has been found that by inserting a BSF layer with optimum parameters, the efficiency of CZTSSe solar cell increases from 12.3% to 17.25% due to enhancement of both short-circuit current density (Jsc) and open circuit voltage (Voc). For this optimized cell structure, the maximum Jsc = ~37.37 mA/cm2, Voc = ~0.605 V, and fill factor = 76.28% are obtained under 1.5 AM illumination. © 2017 Elsevier Ltd.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.