Cited 5 time in
Cited 5 time in
Indolo[3,2-b]indole-Containing Donor-Acceptor Copolymers for High-Efficiency Organic Solar Cells
- Indolo[3,2-b]indole-Containing Donor-Acceptor Copolymers for High-Efficiency Organic Solar Cells
- Hwang, Jae Young; Park, Jeong Hun; Kim, Yu Jin; Ha, Yeon Hee; Park, Chan Eon; Chung, Dae Sung; Kwon, Soon Ki; Kim, Yun Hi
- DGIST Authors
- Chung, Dae Sung
- Issue Date
- Chemistry Of Materials, 29(5), 2135-2140
- Article Type
- FIELD-EFFECT TRANSISTORS; CONJUGATED POLYMERS; CHARGE-TRANSPORT; PHOTOVOLTAICS
- The organic solar cell (OSC) performance of a series of new donor-acceptor copolymers containing indolo[3,2-b]indole as a key donor block and benzothiadiazole (BT) units with various degrees of fluorination as acceptors is reported. Compared with the simple carbazole unit, the strategically developed indolo[3,2-b]indole unit is found to significantly extend π-conjugation and thus increase the intermolecular interactions of the resulting copolymer, as probed by density functional theory calculations, photophysical studies, and structural/morphological analyses. In addition, fluorination of BT can facilitate nanostructuring of the copolymers, mainly due to further planarization of the backbone, which leads to apparently higher hole/electron charge carrier mobilities. The OSC properties of this series of new copolymers blended with fullerene show a strong dependence on the fine and continuous fibrous nanostructure of the blend film. The indolo[3,2-b]indole-based copolymer with singly fluorinated BT units possesses optimal intermolecular interactions and achieves the highest power conversion efficiency of 8.84% under AM 1.5G illumination. This result shows the potential of π-extended carbazole moieties for achieving high-performance OSCs with many of the favorable properties induced by large heteroacene blocks. © 2017 American Chemical Society.
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.