Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
지능형 자동차의 안전 경고음에 대한 고령운전자의 반응 특성
- 지능형 자동차의 안전 경고음에 대한 고령운전자의 반응 특성
- Translated Title
- Age-related Deficits in Response Characteristics on Safety Warning of Intelligent Vehicle
- 김만호; 이용태; 손준우; 장치환
- DGIST Authors
- Issue Date
- 한국정밀공학회지, 26(12), 131-137
- Intelligent Vehicle; 지능형 자동차; Advanced Driver Assistance System; ADAS; 첨단주행보조시스템; Older Driver; 고령운전자; Safety Warning; 안전 경고음; Response Characteristics; 반응 특성; Hearing; 청력
- Recent technological advances made a vehicle more intelligent to increase safety and comfort. An intelligent vehicle provides drivers with safety warning information through audible sounds, visual displays, and tactile devices. However, elderly drivers have been known to decrease the physical and cognitive abilities such as muscular strength, hearing, eyesight, short term memory, and spatial perception. Therefore, possible age-related deficits should be considered to design an effective warning system. This paper aims to evaluate the impact of advancing age on response performance on audible safety warnings which are widely used for alerting driving hazards. In order to understand the effect of age-related hearing loss and movement slowing, three sound characteristics (frequency, intensity, and period) and three age groups (younger, middle, and older) are considered. Data was drawn from 38 drivers who drove a simulated rural road in a driving simulator. Experimental results show that age influences driver's response performance. In conclusion, the appropriate range of a warning sound is suggested.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.