Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
히알루론산 마이크로니들 형태에 따른 특성 분석
- 히알루론산 마이크로니들 형태에 따른 특성 분석
- Translated Title
- Analysis of Hyaluronic Acid Microneedle Characteristics as Its Shapes
- 류종훈; 신현영; 이정건; 태기식; 김민석
- DGIST Authors
- Issue Date
- 의공학회지, 39(1), 30-35
- Dissolving microneedle; Hyaluronic acid; microneedle shape; Skin permeability; Dissolution rate
- Conventional drug delivery methods mainly include subcutaneous injection and oral administration. Subcutaneous injection has the advantages of delivering the correct concentration, but it might cause pain and trauma to patients. Although oral administrations do not accompany pain as the subcutaneous injection, unexpected side effects may occur because they undergo digestion process and it is not easy for many drugs to be exposed to targeted sites with proper concentration. While dissolving microneedles have been extensively studied to overcome the limitations of conventional subcutaneous injection, the effects on microneedle shapes for drug release have not been fully explored. In this study, the characteristics of hyaluronic acid microneedles for cone and quadrangular pyramidal shapes were examined by the size, volume, contact surface area, skin permeability, and dissolution rate. As a result, the cone shapes of hyaluronic acid microneedles had high skin permeability, and the quadrangular pyramid of shapes hyaluronic acid microneedles showed a fast dissolution rate, given by the large contact area on the skin. Based on the results, we could confirm that the shape of a dissolving microneedles can affect skin permeability and the drug delivery rate.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of New BiologyBioDr. Lab - Nanobiomedicine1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.