Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Novel design for heart rate detection using UWB impulse radar on Android platform
- Novel design for heart rate detection using UWB impulse radar on Android platform
- Cho, Hui Sup; Park, Young Jin
- DGIST Authors
- Cho, Hui Sup
- Issue Date
- IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 13(5), 799-800
- Article Type
- UWB; impulse radar; Fourier transform; heart rate; real time; android
- Measuring the physiological functions of the human body in a noncontact manner is useful for healthcare, security, and surveillance. Radar technology can be used for this purpose. In this paper, a new real-time method for the Android platform is proposed to detect the human heart rate using ultra-wideband impulse radar. The amplitude spectra of the radar pulse reflected from the human body are accumulated at specific time intervals, and the heartbeat frequency is obtained by applying the fast Fourier transform algorithm. The method offers real-time heartbeat detection with high frequency resolution in the frequency band of the heartbeat of interest. Experimental results further verify that the heart rate variability can be observed using this method. © 2018 Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. © 2018 Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.