Cited 1 time in
Cited 0 time in
High Accuracy Open-Type Current Sensor with a Differential Planar Hall Resistive Sensor
- High Accuracy Open-Type Current Sensor with a Differential Planar Hall Resistive Sensor
- Lee, Sungho; Hong, Sungmin; Park, Wonki; Kim, Wonhyo; Lee, Jaehoon; Shin, Kwangho; Kim, CheolGi; Lee, Daesung
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, CheolGi
- Issue Date
- Sensors, 18(7)
- Article Type
- current sensor; high accuracy; magnetic sensor; planar hall resistive (PHR); post-CMOS process; read-out IC (ROIC); OPTICAL CURRENT-TRANSFORMER; MAGNETORESISTIVE CURRENT; DESIGN; FIELD; LOOP
- In this paper, we propose a high accuracy open-type current sensor with a differential Planar Hall Resistive (PHR) sensor. Conventional open-type current sensors with magnetic sensors are usually vulnerable to interference from an external magnetic field. To reduce the effect of an unintended magnetic field, the proposed design uses a differential structure with PHR. The differential structure provides robust performance to unwanted magnetic flux and increased magnetic sensitivity. In addition, instead of conventional Hall sensors with a magnetic concentrator, a newly developed PHR with high sensitivity is employed to sense horizontal magnetic fields. The PHR sensor and read-out integrated circuit (IC) are integrated through a post-Complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) process using multichip packaging. The current sensor is designed to measure a 1 A current level. The measured performance of the designed current sensor has a 16 kHz bandwidth and a current nonlinearity of under +/- 0.5%.
- Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI)
- Related Researcher
Lab for NanoBio-MatErials & SpinTronics(nBEST)
Magnetic Materials and Spintronics; Converging Technology of Nanomaterials and Biomaterials; Bio-NEMS;MEMS
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLab for NanoBio-Materials & SpinTronics(nBEST)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.