Cited 8 time in
Cited 7 time in
Prefoldin 6 mediates longevity response from heat shock factor 1 to FOXO in C-elegans
- Prefoldin 6 mediates longevity response from heat shock factor 1 to FOXO in C-elegans
- Son, Heehwa G.; Seo, Keunhee; Seo, Mihwa; Park, Sangsoon; Ham, Seokjin; An, Seon Woo A.; Choi, Eun-Seok; Lee, Yujin; Baek, Haeshim; Kim, Eunju; Ryu, Youngjae; Ha, Chang Man; Hsu, Ao-Lin; Roh, Tae-Young; Jang, Sung Key; Lee, Seung-Jae V.
- Issue Date
- Genes and Development, 32(23-24), 1562-1575
- Article Type
- Heat shock factor 1 (HSF-1) and forkhead box O (FOXO) are key transcription factors that protect cells from various stresses. In Caenorhabditis elegans, HSF-1 and FOXO together promote a long life span when insulin/IGF-1 signaling (IIS) is reduced. However, it remains poorly understood how HSF-1 and FOXO cooperate to confer IIS-mediated longevity. Here, we show that prefoldin 6 (PFD-6), a component of the molecular chaperone prefoldin-like complex, relays longevity response from HSF-1 to FOXO under reduced IIS. We found that PFD-6 was specifically required for reduced IIS-mediated longevity by acting in the intestine and hypodermis. We showed that HSF-1 increased the levels of PFD-6 proteins, which in turn directly bound FOXO and enhanced its transcriptional activity. Our work suggests that the prefoldin-like chaperone complex mediates longevity response from HSF-1 to FOXO to increase the life span in animals with reduced IIS. © 2018 Son et al.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.