Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Preparation and Characterization of Thermally Stable Silicon-Containing Fluoropolymer Matrix for Application to Erbium-Doped Waveguide Amplifiers
- Preparation and Characterization of Thermally Stable Silicon-Containing Fluoropolymer Matrix for Application to Erbium-Doped Waveguide Amplifiers
- Kim, Wook Hyun; Han, Yoon Soo; Ma, Mingyang; Kwon, Younghwan
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Wook Hyun
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 618(1), 129-138
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Author Keywords
- erbium; fluoropolymer; soft lithography; optical waveguide amplifiers
- FIBER AMPLIFIERS; UP-CONVERSION; MECHANISMS; SCATTERING; GLASSES; FILMS; GAIN
- This study focuses on the fabrication of fluoropolymer films as erbium(Er3+) host material with a goal of achieving sufficient thermal stability, optical clarity in the optical communication region and a chemical resistance to withstand typical fabrication processing and operation conditions. To satisfy the demands mentioned above, acrylo-polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane as heat-resistance improver, 2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5-octafluoropentyl acrylate as fluorinated acrylic monomer, tetrahydrofurfuryl acrylate as solubility enhancer, 3-(trimethoxysilyl)propyl methacrylate as both a silane coupling agent and another heat-resistance improver and Darocur 4265 as photoinitiator were used. Various compositions were evaluated to obtain high quantity of Er3+ ions in the polymer matrix, high thermal stability and high transparency. © 2015 Copyright © Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- Taylor & Francis
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.