Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Isolation of amylase regulators from the leaves of Ixeridium dentatum
- Isolation of amylase regulators from the leaves of Ixeridium dentatum
- Park, SeonJu; Nguyen Xuan Nhiem; Park, Jun Hyung; Bhattarai, Kashi Raj; Chae, Han-Jung; Kim, Hyung-Ryong; Kim, Seung Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Hyung-Ryong
- Issue Date
- Natural Product Research
- Article Type
- Article; Early Access
- Author Keyword
- Ixeridium dentatum; sesquiterpene lactone; phenylethanoid; amylase secretion activity
- SESQUITERPENE LACTONES; ORAL-HEALTH; CONSTITUENTS; GLYCOSIDES
- Two new compounds, one sesquiterpene lactone (1) and one phenylethanoid tautomer (2), together with eleven known compounds (3–13) were isolated from the leaves of Ixeridium dentatum. Their structures were determined by extensive spectroscopic methods, including 1D-, 2D-NMR, and mass spectrometry. All compounds were evaluated for their amylase secretion activity in human salivary gland cells after treatment in 40 mM of high glucose. All compounds showed increased amylase secretion activity. Moreover, previously undescribed compounds (1–2), luteolin 7-O-β-D-glucopyranoside (10), quercimeritrin (11), and quercetin 3-O-β-D-xylopyranoside (13) exhibited significant amylase activity, which is comparable to the positive control. © 2019 Informa UK Limited, trading as Taylor & Francis Group.
- Taylor & Francis
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.