Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
A Method to Distinguish between Congestion and Vehicle Accident Using Traffic Radar
- A Method to Distinguish between Congestion and Vehicle Accident Using Traffic Radar
- Son, Gukjin; Kim, Junkwang; Song, Chanho; Kim, Young-Duk; Kim, HeeKang
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Young-Duk; Kim, HeeKang
- Issue Date
- 7th IIAI International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics, IIAI-AAI 2018, 982-983
- Individual radars measure range, radial speed, angle, reflectivity, and other parameters of multiple stationary and moving reflectors simultaneously. The measured signal is excellent for acquiring vehicle information on the road. Several studies have proposed identifying accident vehicles on the road by processing radar information. However, it is difficult to identify accident vehicles using a radar information in congested traffic since traffic radar information for accidents are almost the same as those for traffic jams. This study proposes a method to identifying accident vehicles based on an accident decision algorithm that distinguishes between congested and accident vehicles. Experimental results verified that the proposed method's detection accuracy exceeded 95%. We believe the proposed method will enhance future intelligent transportation systems. © 2018 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
IoT, Disaster Respnse, Autonomous System
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.