Cited 3 time in
Cited 5 time in
Blade control in Cartesian space for leveling work by bulldozer
- Blade control in Cartesian space for leveling work by bulldozer
- Lee, Yong-Seok; Kim, Sang-Ho; Seo, Jongwon; Han, Jeakweon; Han, Chang-Soo
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Sang-Ho
- Issue Date
- Automation in Construction, 118, 103264
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- Automatic blade control system; Blade position control; Bulldozer machine control; Cartesian space control; VSD(Virtual Spring Damper)-hypothesis
- Control systems; Cutting tools; Earthmoving machinery; Linear transformations; Accuracy and precision; Blade control; Cartesian Space; Construction sites; Cutting edges; Design surfaces; Homogeneous transformation matrix; Virtual spring; Position control
- This paper proposes an automatic blade control system in a Cartesian space for leveling of bulldozer blades, which controls the position of blade cutting edge to the position of design surface for leveling in a Cartesian space. To control the position of blade cutting edge in a Cartesian space, this paper developed a Cartesian-space control algorithm by applying a mathematical model of the homogeneous transformation matrix, based on a virtual spring-damper tucked between the blade cutting edge and design surface. After applying the proposed control system at an actual construction site, this paper compared the results with those of an expert operator and analyzes their accuracy and precision. © 2020 Elsevier B.V.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Intelligent Robotics1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.