Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Metal nanoparticle assisted growth of assembled zinc oxide nanostructure by low temperature solution phase technique
- Metal nanoparticle assisted growth of assembled zinc oxide nanostructure by low temperature solution phase technique
- Sahoo, T[Sahoo, Trilochan]; Pandian, C[Pandian, Chelliah]; Rahulan, KM[Rahulan, K. Mani]; Rath, MK[Rath, Manasa K.]
- DGIST Authors
- Rath, MK[Rath, Manasa K.]
- Issue Date
- Materials Letters, 186, 214-216
- Article Type
- Assembly; Coulombic Attractions; Crystal Growth; Hydrothermal Growth; Low Temperature Solutions; Low Temperatures; Metal Nanoparticle; Metal Nanoparticles; Nano-Crystalline Material; Nano-Crystalline Materials; Nano-Structures; Nanocrystals; Nanoparticles; Nucleation and Growth; Silver; Silver Nanoparticles; Temperature; Zinc; Zinc Oxide; Zinc Oxide Nanostructures; ZnO; ZnO Nanostructures
- Herein we report metal nanoparticle directed growth of assembled zinc oxide nanostructures by a facile solution phase route. Si substrates with silver nanoparticles are subjected to low temperature hydrothermal growth. Coulombic attraction resulted in migration of Zn growth species onto Ag nanoparticle surface. SEM analysis revealed preferential nucleation and growth of zinc oxide nanostructures on Ag nanoparticles. Longer reaction period lead to formation of mulberry like assembled ZnO nanostructures. XRD analysis confirmed growth of zinc oxide nanostructures. The formed ZnO nanostructures exhibit well defined band edge PL peak corresponding to excitonic recombination. © 2016 Elsevier B.V.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.