Cited 9 time in
Cited 0 time in
DISTURBANCE OBSERVER BASED POSITION CONTROL OF A ONE-LINK MANIPULATOR UNDER INPUT TIME DELAY
- DISTURBANCE OBSERVER BASED POSITION CONTROL OF A ONE-LINK MANIPULATOR UNDER INPUT TIME DELAY
- Son, Young Ik; Jeong, Goo Jong; Kim, In Hyuk
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, In Hyuk
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, 8(2), 1371-1384
- Article Type
- Computer Simulation; Delay Time; Direct-Current; Disturbance Observer; Harmonic Drive Gears; Load Mass; Manipulator Systems; Manipulators; Non-Minimum Phase; Non-Minimum Phase Systems; One-Link Manipulator; Position Control; Robust Performance; Smith Predictor; Smith Predictors; Speed Control; System Uncertainties; Time-Delay Control; Time-Varying Disturbance; Time Delay; Time Varying Control Systems; Time Varying Signal
- To improve the robust performance against input time delay and time-varying disturbances, a non-minimum phase disturbance observer (DOB) approach is investigated for the position control of a one-link manipulator driven by a direct-current (DC) motor with a harmonic drive gear. The time-delay control problem for a system with an integrator is especially difficult when the disturbance input is a time-varying signal. The effect of the time-varying disturbance owing to the load mass uncertainty has been alleviated using a non-minimum phase DOB together with a Smith predictor (SP). In order to test the performance of the proposed controller, comparative computer simulations and experiments have been carried out with the manipulator system. In the simulations, we have considered the uncertainties for the delay time as well as the load mass of the system. The experimental results confirm the robust performance of the proposed method against system uncertainties. © 2012 ICIC International.
- Innovative Computing, Information and Control
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.