Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Assessment of printability for printed electronics patterns by measuring geometric dimensions and defining assessment parameters
- Assessment of printability for printed electronics patterns by measuring geometric dimensions and defining assessment parameters
- Jeon, SW[Jeon, Sung Woong]; Kim, C[Kim, Cheol]; Kim, CH[Kim, Chung Hwan]
- DGIST Authors
- Jeon, SW[Jeon, Sung Woong]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 30(12), 5625-5631
- Article Type
- Assessment Parameters; Electronic Equipment; Geometric Dimensions; Mesh Generation; Number of Samples; Printability; Printed Electronics; Printed Patterns; Printing; Printing Equipments; Reliable Assessment; Thermo-Electric Equipment
- The printability of patterns for printed electronic devices determines the performance, yield rate, and reliability of the devices; therefore, it should be assessed quantitatively. In this paper, parameters for printability assessment of printed patterns for width, pinholes, and edge waviness are suggested. For quantitative printability assessment, printability grades for each parameter are proposed according to the parameter values. As examples of printability assessment, printed line patterns and mesh patterns obtained using roll-to-roll gravure printing are used. Both single-line patterns and mesh patterns show different levels of printability, even in samples obtained using the same printing equipment and conditions. Therefore, for reliable assessment, it is necessary to assess the printability of the patterns by enlarging the sampling area and increasing the number of samples. We can predict the performance of printed electronic devices by assessing the printability of the patterns that constitute them. © 2016, The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.