Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Unidirectional emission from a cardioid-shaped microcavity laser
- Unidirectional emission from a cardioid-shaped microcavity laser
- Lee, IG[Lee, In-Goo]; Go, SM[Go, Sung-Min]; Ryu, JH[Ryu, Jin-Hyeok]; Yi, CH[Yi, Chang-Hwan]; Kim, SB[Kim, Sung-Bock]; Oh, KR[Oh, Kwang Ryung]; Kim, CM[Kim, Chil-Min]
- DGIST Authors
- Yi, CH[Yi, Chang-Hwan]; Kim, CM[Kim, Chil-Min]
- Issue Date
- Optics Express, 24(3), 2253-2258
- Article Type
- Chaos Theory; Current Injections; DC Current; Deformation Parameter; Emission Characteristics; InGaAsP; Microcavities; Microcavity Laser; Semiconductor Lasers; Unstable Periodic Orbits
- We find unidirectional emission in a cardioid-shaped microcavity laser. When a deformation parameter is well adjusted, rays starting around a period-5 unstable periodic orbit emit unidirectionally. To confirm the emission direction, we fabricate a laser by using an InGaAsP semiconductor and investigate emission characteristics. When the laser is excited by current injection with a dc current, resonances localized on the period-5 unstable periodic orbit emit unidirectionally. © 2016 Optical Society of America.
- OSA - The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
Kim, Chil Min
Micro Laser Laboratory
Laser; Nonlinear Dynamics; Quantum Chaos; Microcavity Laser
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceMicro Laser Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.