Cited 9 time in
Cited 11 time in
Sonochemical Formation of Ga-Pt Intermetallic Nanoparticles Embedded in Graphene and its Potential Use as an Electrocatalyst
- Sonochemical Formation of Ga-Pt Intermetallic Nanoparticles Embedded in Graphene and its Potential Use as an Electrocatalyst
- Kumar, VB[Kumar, Vijay Bhooshan]; Sanetuntikul, J[Sanetuntikul, Jakkid]; Ganesan, P[Ganesan, Pandian]; Porat, Z[Porat, Ze'ev]; Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]; Gedanken, A[Gedanken, Aharon]
- DGIST Authors
- Sanetuntikul, J[Sanetuntikul, Jakkid]; Ganesan, P[Ganesan, Pandian]; Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica Acta, 190, 659-667
- Article Type
- Electrocatalysts; Electrode Material; Electrodes; Electrolytic Reduction; Gallium; Gallium-Platinum Intermetallic; Graphene; Graphene Layers; Intermetallic Nanoparticles; Methanol; Methanol Oxidation Reaction; Methanol Oxidation Reactions; Molten Gallium; Nanoparticles; Oxygen Reduction Reaction; Platinum; Pt/C Catalysts; Solutions; Ultrasonic Cavitation; X Ray Analysis
- The formation of Ga-Pt particles and their simultaneous embedment in graphene layers was performed by sonication of molten gallium in an aqueous solution of H2PtCl6 in the presence of graphene. X-ray analysis of the dry particles revealed that their composition was GaPt3 and GaPt2. The synthesized Ga-Pt/G was examined as an electrode material for methanol oxidation reaction (MOR) and oxygen reduction reaction (ORR). This novel electrode showed better activity for MOR and ORR than a commercial Pt/C catalyst. © 2016 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
Advanced Energy Materials Laboratory
Electrocatalysts for fuel cells; water splitting; metal-air batteries; Polymer electrolyte membranes for fuel cells; flow batteries; Hydrogen generation and utilization
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringAdvanced Energy Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.