Cited 12 time in
Cited 12 time in
Steric Effect on the Nucleophilic Reactivity of Nickel(III) Peroxo Complexes
- Steric Effect on the Nucleophilic Reactivity of Nickel(III) Peroxo Complexes
- Kim, J[Kim, Jalee]; Shin, B[Shin, Bongki]; Kim, H[Kim, Hyunjeong]; Lee, J[Lee, Junhyung]; Kang, J[Kang, Joongoo]; Yanagisawa, S[Yanagisawa, Sachiko]; Ogura, T[Ogura, Takashi]; Masuda, H[Masuda, Hideki]; Ozawa, T[Ozawa, Tomohiro]; Cho, J[Cho, Jaeheung]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, J[Kim, Jalee]; Shin, B[Shin, Bongki]; Kim, H[Kim, Hyunjeong]; Lee, J[Lee, Junhyung]; Kang, J[Kang, Joongoo]; Cho, J[Cho, Jaeheung]
- Issue Date
- Inorganic Chemistry, 54(13), 6176-6183
- Article Type
- Chemical Structure; Chemistry; Hydrogen Peroxide; Macrocyclic Compound; Macrocyclic Compounds; Models, Molecular; Nickel; Organometallic Compound; Organometallic Compounds; Oxidation-Reduction; Oxidation-Reduction Reaction; Quantum Theory
- A set of nickel(III) peroxo complexes bearing tetraazamacrocyclic ligands, [NiIII(TBDAP)(O2)]+ (TBDAP = N,N′-di-tert-butyl-2,11-diaza[3.3](2,6)pyridinophane) and [NiIII(CHDAP)(O2)]+ (CHDAP = N,N′-dicyclohexyl-2,11-diaza[3.3](2,6)pyridinophane), were prepared by reacting [NiII(TBDAP)(NO3)(H2O)]+ and [NiII(CHDAP)(NO3)]+, respectively, with H2O2 in the presence of triethylamine. The mononuclear nickel(III) peroxo complexes were fully characterized by various physicochemical methods, such as UV-vis, electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, resonance Raman, electron paramagnetic resonance, and X-ray analysis. The spectroscopic and structural characterization clearly shows that the NiO2 cores are almost identical where the peroxo ligand is bound in a side-on fashion. However, the different steric properties of the supporting ligands were confirmed by X-ray crystallography, where the CHDAP ligand gives enough space around the Ni core compared to the TBDAP ligand. The nickel(III) peroxo complexes showed reactivity in the oxidation of aldehydes. In the aldehyde deformylation reaction, the nucleophilic reactivity of the nickel(III) peroxo complexes was highly dependent on the steric properties of the macrocyclic ligands, with a reactivity order of [NiIII(TBDAP)(O2)]+ < [NiIII(CHDAP)(O2)]+. This result provides fundamental insight into the mechanism of the structure (steric)-reactivity relationship of metal peroxo intermediates. (Figure Presented). © 2015 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
Kang, Joon Goo
Computational Materials Theory Group
Computational Materials Science ＆ Materials Design; Nanomaterials for Energy Applications; Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceComputational Materials Theory Group1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceBiomimetic Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.