Cited 0 time in
Cited 16 time in
Thermal annealing effects on the dynamic photoresponse properties of Al-doped ZnO nanowires network
- Thermal annealing effects on the dynamic photoresponse properties of Al-doped ZnO nanowires network
- Kim, Kang-Pil; Chang, Daeic; Lim, Sang Kyoo; Lee, Soo-Keun; Lyu, Hong-Kun; Hwang, Dae-Kue
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Kang-Pil; Lim, Sang Kyoo; Lee, Soo-Keun; Lyu, Hong-Kun; Hwang, Dae-Kue
- Issue Date
- Current Applied Physics, 11(6), 1311-1314
- Article Type
- Al-Doped ZnO; Annealing; Annealing Temperatures; AZO Nanowires; E-Beam Lithography; Fabrication; Fabrication Process; Lithography; Low Costs; Nanowire Networks; Nanowires; Network-Based; Optoelectronic Devices; Photocurrent Decay; Photodetectors; Photoresponses; Potential Barriers; Thermal Annealing Effects; UV Illuminations; UV Photodetectors; UV Sources; Zinc Oxide
- In this study, UV photodetectors based on a network of aluminium-doped zinc oxide (AZO) nanowires were manufactured at a low cost; for this purpose, a fast and simple fabrication process that involved dropping nanowires dispersion solution was employed instead of the conventional e-beam lithography process that is used to manufacture single nanowire-based UV photodetectors. It was demonstrated that nanowire network-based UV photodetectors provide a much faster UV photoresponse than conventional single nanowire-based UV photodetectors. The fast UV photoresponse of the fabricated UV photodetector can be attributed to the fact that the potential barriers formed in the nanowire network junctions effectively block the flow of electrons during the process of photocurrent decay. Furthermore, the UV photoresponse under illumination by a 254 nm UV source was studied as a function of the annealing temperature of the AZO nanowires network at a bias of 5 V. The fabricated UV photodetector showed the fastest response of 2 s to UV illumination in air when the sample was annealed in air for 1 h at 300 °C. © 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
Nano material, photocatalyst, TiO2, ZnO
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.