Cited 9 time in
Cited 10 time in
ZnO Wurtzite Single Crystals Prepared by Nanorod-Assisted Epitaxial Lateral Overgrowth
- ZnO Wurtzite Single Crystals Prepared by Nanorod-Assisted Epitaxial Lateral Overgrowth
- Kim, Dong Chan; Lee, Ju Ho; Cho, Hyung Koun; Kim, Jae Hyeon; Lee, Jeong Yong
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Jae Hyeon
- Issue Date
- Crystal Growth and Design, 10(1), 321-326
- Article Type
- Light-Emitting-Diodes; Gallium Nitride; Growth; Films; Transparent; Transistors; Gan
- We have developed a novel method to grow thick, single crystalline ZnO films for the use of supporting layers by employing nanorod-assisted epitaxial lateral overgrowth (NRELO). The NRELO ZnO films were epitaxially grown on vertically arrayed nanorods at reduced temperatures by metalorganic chemical vapor deposition. The resultant films had epitaxial structures similar to the conventional ZnO films on sapphire and relatively low dislocation density. During the growth evolution of the NRELO films, the dominant stress was changed from nearly stress-free in the nanorods to strong in-plane tensile stress in the top region, and the rotation of the (0002) plane clearly disappeared in the NRELO ZnO film. This study shows that ZnO NRELO has the possibility to be used as supporting layers in optoelectronic devices with transparent and vertical stack structures because it exhibited high transparency, electrically semiconducting, and low defect density at the same time. © 2009 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.