Cited 6 time in
Cited 6 time in
A Forward Genetic Screen for Molecules Involved in Pheromone-Induced Dauer Formation in Caenorhabditis elegans
- A Forward Genetic Screen for Molecules Involved in Pheromone-Induced Dauer Formation in Caenorhabditis elegans
- Neal, SJ[Neal, Scott J.]; Park, J[Park, JiSoo]; DiTirro, D[DiTirro, Danielle]; Yoon, J[Yoon, Jason]; Shibuya, M[Shibuya, Mayumi]; Choi, W[Choi, Woochan]; Schroeder, FC[Schroeder, Frank C.]; Butcher, RA[Butcher, Rebecca A.]; Kim, K[Kim, Kyuhyung]; Sengupta, P[Sengupta, Piali]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, J[Park, JiSoo]; Choi, W[Choi, Woochan]; Kim, K[Kim, Kyuhyung]
- Issue Date
- G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics, 6(5), 1475-1487
- Article Type
- C. Elegans; Caenorhabditis Elegans; CHE-12; CHE-12 Ciliary Gene; Controlled Study; Dauer; Gene; Gene Locus; Gene Mutation; Genetic Analysis; Genetic Complementation; Hormone Determination; MACO-1; Macoilin Gene; Nerve Cell; Nociception; Non-Human; Pheromone; Pheromone Response Defective Dauer; Phosphotransferase; QUI-1; Regulatory Mechanism; Signal Transduction; TTBK; Tubulin; Unclassified Drug
- Animals must constantly assess their surroundings and integrate sensory cues to make appropriate behavioral and developmental decisions. Pheromones produced by conspecific individuals provide critical information regarding environmental conditions. Ascaroside pheromone concentration and composition are instructive in the decision of Caenorhabditis elegans to either develop into a reproductive adult or enter into the stress-resistant alternate dauer developmental stage. Pheromones are sensed by a small set of sensory neurons, and integrated with additional environmental cues, to regulate neuroendocrine signaling and dauer formation. To identify molecules required for pheromone-induced dauer formation, we performed an unbiased forward genetic screen and identified phd (pheromone response-defective dauer) mutants. Here, we describe new roles in dauer formation for previously identified neuronal molecules such as the WD40 domain protein QUI-1 and MACO-1 Macoilin, report new roles for nociceptive neurons in modulating pheromone-induced dauer formation, and identify tau tubulin kinases as new genes involved in dauer formation. Thus, phd mutants define loci required for the detection, transmission, or integration of pheromone signals in the regulation of dauer formation. © 2016 Neal et al.
- Genetics Society of America
- Related Researcher
Kim, Kyu Hyung
The K. Kim Lab of Neurobehavior and Neural Circuits
Neurobehavior; Neural Circuit; Neurodevelopment; 신경회로; 신경행동; 신경발생; 신경유전학
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesThe K. Kim Lab of Neurobehavior and Neural Circuits1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.