Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
A ruthenium complex as a single-component redox shuttle for electrochemical photovoltaics
- A ruthenium complex as a single-component redox shuttle for electrochemical photovoltaics
- Kim, Jeung Yoon; Yun, Won Seok; Son, Ho-Jin; Lee, JaeDong; Jeong, Nak Cheon
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, JaeDong; Jeong, Nak Cheon
- Issue Date
- Chemical Communications, 51(36), 7745-7748
- Article Type
- Calculation; Cyclic Potentiometry; Density Functional Theory; Dye; Electric Potential; Electrical Equipment; Electricity; Electrochemistry; Energy Conversion; Illumination; Oxidation-Reduction Potential; Ruthenium Complex
- A primitive version of a ruthenium complex [Ru(bpy)32+] was employed for the first time as a new conceptual "single-component redox shuttle" for dye-sensitized solar cells. This single shuttle led to a large enhancement of the open-circuit photovoltage (VOC) to ∼940 mV relative to that of conventional iodine-based shuttle and greatly increased the efficiency of the solar-to-electric energy conversion at lower illumination levels by a factor of ca. 5.6. © The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Jeong, Nak Cheon
NC(Nanoporous-materials Chemistry for Fundamental Science) Lab
Inorganic Chemistry; Metal-Organic Framework; Nanoporous Materials; Electron Transport;Ion Transport
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceNC(Nanoporous-materials Chemistry for Fundamental Science) Lab1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLight and Matter Theory Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.