Cited 9 time in
Cited 11 time in
A 457 nW Near-Threshold Cognitive Multi-Functional ECG Processor for Long-Term Cardiac Monitoring
- A 457 nW Near-Threshold Cognitive Multi-Functional ECG Processor for Long-Term Cardiac Monitoring
- Liu, X[Liu, Xin]; Zhou, J[Zhou, Jun]; Yang, YK[Yang, Yongkui]; Wang, B[Wang, Bo]; Lan, JJ[Lan, Jingjing]; Wang, C[Wang, Chao]; Luo, JW[Luo, Jianwen]; Goh, WL[Goh, Wang Ling]; Kim, TTH[Kim, Tony Tae-Hyoung]; Je, M[Je, Minkyu]
- DGIST Authors
- Je, M[Je, Minkyu]
- Issue Date
- IEEE Journal of Solid: State Circuits, 49(11), 2422-2434
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Cardiac Monitoring; Cognitive; ECG; Electrocardiography; Multi-Functional; Near-Threshold; Near Thresholds; Ultra Low Power
- A low-power multi-functional electrocardiogram (ECG) signal processor is presented in this paper. To enable long-term monitoring, several architecture-level power saving techniques are proposed, including global cognitive clocking, pseudo-downsampling wavelet transform, adaptive storing, and denoising-based run-length compression. An ultra-low-voltage ADC is designed for low-power signal digitization with adaptive clocking. Through these architecture-level techniques, the total power consumption can be significantly reduced by 63% as compared to the conventional design. Several circuit-level design techniques are also developed, including ultra-low-voltage operation and near-threshold level shifting, to further reduce the power consumption by 33%. In addition, a low-complexity cardiac analysis scheme is proposed to realize comprehensive on-chip cardiac analysis. Implemented in 0.18 μm CMOS process, the proposed cognitive ECG processor consumes only 457 nW at 0.5 V for real-time ECG recording and diagnosis. © 1966-2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.