Cited 24 time in
Cited 25 time in
Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction, surface anisotropy energy, and spin pumping at spin orbit coupled Ir/Co interface
- Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction, surface anisotropy energy, and spin pumping at spin orbit coupled Ir/Co interface
- Kim, Nam-Hui; Jung, Jinyong; Cho, Jaehun; Han, Dong-Soo; Yin, Yuxiang; Kim, June-Seo; Swagten, Henk J. M.; You, Chun-Yeol
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, June-Seo; You, Chun-Yeol
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Letters, 108(14)
- Article Type
- Anisotropy; Brillouin Light Scattering; Brillouin Scattering; Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction; Energy Density; Gilbert Damping Constant; Iridium; Light Scattering; Magnetic Anisotropy; Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy; Platinum; Pumps; Saturation Magnetization; Spin-Orbit Couplings; Spin-Pumping Effects; Surface Anisotropy
- The interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction (iDMI), surface anisotropy energy, and spin pumping at the Ir/Co interface are experimentally investigated by performing Brillouin light scattering. Contrary to previous reports, we suggest that the sign of the iDMI at the Ir/Co interface is the same as in the case of the Pt/Co interface. We also find that the magnitude of the iDMI energy density is relatively smaller than in the case of the Pt/Co interface, despite the large strong spin-orbit coupling (SOC) of Ir. The saturation magnetization and the perpendicular magnetic anisotropy (PMA) energy are significantly improved due to a strong SOC. Our findings suggest that an SOC in an Ir/Co system behaves in different ways for iDMI and PMA. Finally, we determine the spin pumping effect at the Ir/Co interface, and it increases the Gilbert damping constant from 0.012 to 0.024 for 1.5 nm-thick Co. © 2016 AIP Publishing LLC.
- American Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Spin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab
Spintronics; Condensed Matter Physics; Magnetic Materials & Thin Films; Micromagnetic Simulations; Spin Nano-Devices
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceSpin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.