Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Data for spatial characterization of AC signal propagation over primary neuron dendrites
- Data for spatial characterization of AC signal propagation over primary neuron dendrites
- Kim, Ho Jeong; Heckman, Charles J.
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Ho Jeong
- Issue Date
- Data in Brief, 6, 341-344
- Article Type
- AC Signal Propagation; Dendritic Signal Processing; Primary Neurons; Voltage Attenuation Analysis
- Action potentials generated near the soma propagate not only into the axonal nerve connecting to the adjacent neurons but also into the dendrites interacting with a diversity of synaptic inputs as well as voltage gated ion channels. Measuring voltage attenuation factors between the soma and all single points of the dendrites in the anatomically reconstructed primary neurons with the same cable properties, we report the signal propagation data showing how the alternating current (AC) signal such as action potentials back-propagates over the dendrites among different types of primary neurons. Fitting equations and their parameter values for the data are also presented to quantitatively capture the spatial profile of AC signal propagation from the soma to the dendrites in primary neurons. Our data is supplemental to our original study for the dependency of dendritic signal propagation and excitability, and their relationship on the cell type-specific structure in primary neurons (DOI: 10.1016/j.neulet.2015.10.017 ). © 2015 The Authors.
- Elsevier Inc.
- Related Researcher
Movement science; Neuromuscular physiology; Computational Medicine; Neural interface
There are no files associated with this item.
- Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.